Fru-Gal Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fru-Gal Friends

Site for frugal minds to share and learn together and for becoming friends

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tip: Ideas Using Morton Salt

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Tip: Ideas Using Morton Salt Empty
PostSubject: Tip: Ideas Using Morton Salt   Tip: Ideas Using Morton Salt Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2007, 2:38 pm

I went to Morton salt website looking for a recipe on how to make salt dough,,its like play dough,,but the want you to pay for a book on it! If anyone has this recipes Id like to have it for grandkids activities.
Anyway,,I did find some great tips..thought Id share...............

1.Cut a orange in half and remove the pulp,,then fill the peel with salt,,it will provide a aromatic scent in your home.(I plan on trying this when I go to the grocery)

2.Quick chill wine or champagne,,place the bottle in a ice bucket or plastic container,,add ice to the bottem and then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of salt on ice,,then layer of ice,,then salt,,layer till you reach the neck of the bottle...in 10-12 minutes it will be chilled to serve.

3.Cuts rust.Removes rust from household items and also from bike handlebars by using 6 tablespoons of salt and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.Apply the paste with a dry cloth and rub area.

4.Also will remove fish odors from your hands,,using a lemon slice and dipped into salt,,can rub hands with the lemon and removes odors.

5.For small nail holes and fine cracks,,make a paste wih2 tablespoons of salt and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 4-5teaspoons of water,,fill hole with paste then let dry and sand if needed.

6.Add a pinch of salt to your coffee basket when making coffee,,this will improve your coffee flavor by reducing the acid taste.(If anyone has done this,,please let me know if it makes it better,,DH is a huge drinker of coffee)

7.Soothes sore throats ,,by gagrgling with salty warm water.Thi is for mild sore throats.(We do this and I can say it works nicely,,gives you some comfort)

8.Cleans silk plants,,add 1 cup of salt in a large plastic bag and shake vigorously with sil flowers in the bag..then shake off salt from flowers,,and you will have clean flowers.

I will let you know about the air freshner(#1) it has me curious! Suspect
Back to top Go down

Tip: Ideas Using Morton Salt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fru-Gal Friends :: GENERAL FRUGALITY-
Jump to: