Fru-Gal Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fru-Gal Friends

Site for frugal minds to share and learn together and for becoming friends

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mary Hunt's thought of the day...I LOVE it!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mary Hunt's thought of the day...I LOVE it!!! Empty
PostSubject: Mary Hunt's thought of the day...I LOVE it!!!   Mary Hunt's thought of the day...I LOVE it!!! Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jul 2008, 8:08 am

Contentment

The story is told of a local fisherman who was found relaxing by the seashore.

An industrialist wandered by and inquired of his intentions for the day.

"What are you doing sir?" asked the industrialist.

"I've caught enough fish to feed my family and pay my bills, so I am enjoying God's creation," responded the fisherman.

"But sir, don't you understand?" replied the industrialist, "If you would keep fishing throughout the day, you could make more money and eventually buy more ships."

"If you kept investing your money you would someday be as rich as I," suggested the industrialist.

"Why would I want to do that," asked the fisherman.

"Well, don't you see? You could eventually retire and vacation on a beach somewhere and simply lay back and enjoy God's creation," added the industrialist.

"Isn't that what I am doing now?" responded the fisherman.

We often get so involved in making a living that we forget to construct a life. Contentment lies not in how much you own, but in the peace and satisfaction that comes with knowing you have enough.
Back to top Go down

Mary Hunt's thought of the day...I LOVE it!!!
Page 1 of 1